SK-8003 Leadership skills – preparing PhD students for taking on leadership tasks
Leadership skills may become handy both during and after your PhD. Sign up now for two days lectures about leadership, and two days of practical seminar given by Nordnorsk lederutvikling.
Application deadline: 1 April 2016
The course run from 10–13 May 2016.
This course aims to prepare PhD students to take on leadership tasks once their degrees are completed. This will be achieved through introducing different leadership concepts and raising the PhD students` awareness of the value of leadership and how leadership takes many forms.
- Be able to describe the contents of different theories on leadership
- Be able to explain the range of leadership skills needed in order to practice good leadership
- Be able to describe different problem-solving styles and their associated benefits and disadvantages
- Use achieved knowledge as analytical tools to formulate, structure and discuss aspects of leadership
- Be able to transfer knowledge of leadership and leadership skills to practical use
- Be able to reflect upon own leadership skills and take steps to further ones development