Når: Mandag 30.mai 2016, kl 12-15
Hvor: Tabletten, Farmasibygget – UiT Campus Tromsø
UiT Norges arktiske universitet vil etablere etiske retningslinjer bl.a. for samarbeid med nasjonale og internasjonale selskaper. Ansatte og studenter (og andre) inviteres til å gi innspill til hvem vi kan og vil samarbeide med.
Lenke til informasjon om møtet: https://uit.no/tavla/artikkel/468956/apent_mote_om_etiske_veivalg_i_akademia
Lenke på til arrangementet på fjesboka: https://www.facebook.com/events/1065499896843973/
New PhD students are invited to an afternoon of information and networking Thursday 26 May 2016 2-4 pm at Árdna.
When: 26.05.16 kl. 14:00 – 16:00
You will get useful information about being a PhD student and have the opportunity to meet other new PhD students for various fields.
- Welcome Speech by Pro-Rector Kenneth Ruud
- An introduction to your rights and duties as well as possibilities as a New PhD student by Director of Research and Development Pål Vegar Storeheier
- Presentation of High North Academy by coordinator Arve Lynghammar
- Presentation of Take control of Your PhD Journey by librarian Lene Østvand, the University Library
- Presentation of Tromsø Doctoral Students (TODOS) by Chair Board Charlotte Weber
- Presentation of Ombudsperson for students at UiT by Torill Varberg
There will be time for socialising after the presentations. Tapas will be served.
Sign up for the event:
Send e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org by 23 May 2016
– See more at: https://uit.no/tavla/artikkel/468762/an_afternoon_of_information_and_networking_for_ne#sthash.1iBuPFDI.dpuf
Are YOU wondering about your rights as a PhD or Post-doc, better salaries, legal advice, good working conditions and competitive insurance?
TODOS cordially invites YOU to an interactive breakfast seminar where Union organizations will join us in these discussions and many more issues YOU must know.
Please use the link for registration: http://tinyurl.com/zrhxx2t
Date: May 13th, 2016
Place: MH U6.A4AUD4
Dr. Rachel Riedner, Associate Professor of Writing and Women’s Studies and Executive Director of the University Writing Program at The George Washington University will hold a workshop on academic thesis writing especially designed for MA and PhD students who are writing in English. This is a unique chance for you to get an introduction to academic writing and to learn how to best succeed with your thesis.
This workshop is for graduate students currently writing thesis.
Writing is central to all disciplines as it is means through which scholars communicate knowledge to each other and to other important constituencies. Therefore, all students must learn writing and communication practices of their disciplines along with knowledge of their field.
Strong writing requires understanding of subject matter of a discipline as well as the conventional genres of a discipline (i.e. research essay or lab report), the style of a particular discipline (i.e. word choice or formatting), information literacy of a discipline (i.e. how to find material and who is important scholar in a field). Strong writing is built on good writing processes (i.e. peer review and revision).
This workshop develops writing skills for students with a focus on practical activities.
This workshop on thesis writing in English will focus on:
- Writing conventions: genre, style, information literacy
- Writing process: abstracts, letters to readers, self-reflexive exercises, peer review, revision
- Challenges of writing in English
Rachel Riedner will also be available for informal consultation and follow-up on the workshop on Thursday May 26 from 9-12 in SVHUM C1007.
To register, please send an email to email@example.com before May 12, indicating your name, nationality and which degree program you are affiliated with (if relevant).
Når: 19.05.16 kl. 10:00 – 15:00
Ansvarlig: Cathinka Dahl Hambro
– See more at: https://uit.no/tavla/artikkel/465592/how_to_succeed_with_thesis_writing#sthash.aYybOFRT.dpuf
Har laget ditt det som trengs? TODOS inviterer alle PhDer til quizkveld 20. april på Bazinga (16:30-18:00). Så bli med oss og slipp konkurranselysten løs!
Has your team got what it takes? TODOS invites all PhDs to a quiz night on 20 April at Bazinga(16:30-18:00). So join us and let your competitive spirit run free!
More information in our facebook event!