Third Global Economic Governance Capacity Building Workshop
When: 4th – 15th of August, 2014
Where: University of Pretoria, South Africa
Application Deadline: 13th of June, 2014
The Department of Political Sciences, Faculty of Humanities at the University of Pretoria, together with the South African Institute of International Affairs (SAIIA), the leading foreign policy research institute on the African continent, invites government officials, academics, researchers and officials from relevant civil society organisations to apply for a capacity building workshop on ‘Global Economic Governance: A Focus on African Countries.’
This workshop, the second in our annual series, forms part of a bigger project on global economic governance as the process of rule-setting in global markets and institutions, as well as in global economics. The Global Economic Governance Africa project seeks to interrogate these issues from an African perspective. The project considers economic governance as broadly defined, looking at key institutions and groupings such as the G-20, BRICS, G-7/8, IBSA, the World Bank, and the International Monetary Fund
The objectives of the workshop include:
- To strengthen knowledge and capacity building on Global Economic Governance
- To ensure better understanding on the different factors, aspects, processes and key institutions that exist within and make up Global Economic Governance
- To provide extensive discussion and interactive sessions on current issues and trends affecting Global Economic Governance
- To provide a critical assessment of the impact of Global Economic Governance on African countries.
How to apply?
Please note that the workshop will be conducted only in English, therefore a proficiency in English is required. Applications should be submitted electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org
The following documents are required:
- A letter of motivation, explaining what the applicant and his/her organisation/institution/employer hope to get out of the programme and how s/he will apply the skills learned;
- A detailed CV with clear contact details and
- A letter of support from the applicant’s employer, with clear contact details, committing the applicant to participate for the full duration of the course.
Please note that international travel costs and airport transfers to and from the venue, as well as accommodation costs and all meals will be fully sponsored by the organisers.